First of all, I apologize for the lack of posting! Lately I have been extremely tired and didn’t have much energy to start working on my blog during my very few free hours.
But, I’m going to try to make it better this month! Starting with a (late *smiles shyly*) wrap up! October was the month of pumpkins and ghost and candy… and I loved it. For the first time in years I’ve read multiple YA horrors, which was so much fun! I’ve also realized that Halloween is one of my favorite days of the year 😀
What I’ve read
- Famous Last Words by Katie Alender (audiobook): ★★★★
- The House by Christina Lauren: ★★★★
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: ★★
- Say Her Name by James Dawson: ★★★
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake: ★★★★★
- Defiance by CJ Redwine: ★★★★
Anna Dressed in Blood was – despite its flaws – my favorite read of the month! I actually love ghost stories and this one had the perfect creepy/swoon ratio. I had bought the sequel but didn’t have the time to read it, so I definitely will in November.
A Drop of Night was also one I was dying to read but didn’t found the time to.
What I’ve bought
- The House by Christina Lauren
- Say Her Name by James Dawson
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
- A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann
- Resurrection Engines by Scott Harrison
- The Promise by Melody Grace
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
- Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn
- HP and the Chamber of Secrets, illustrated edition
- Metaltown by Kristen Simmons (Fairyloot October)
That’s way more books that I intended to buy, but I’m happy with each of them. The Promise was a very impulsive buy: I saw the cover and immediately ordered it. No regrets so far! 😀
Also the HP illustrated edition is just gorgeousssssss 😍
What have you bought and read during the month of October? Feel free to link your own wrap up in the comments!