This month’s wrap up will be a little special! I don’t know if I’ll regret it, but I’m sure Yvonne would like to punch me right now haha! Read further if you want to know more about the little twist!
This month has been a fairy good reading month! I’m glad I got to read a few retellings which was very good for my 2016 challenge! I wish I was able to finish some of my current reads, but it seems that the month passed by quicker than I thought.
What I’ve read
- Alex + Ada, Volume 3 by Jonathan Luna (ebook): ★★★★
- Rat Queens, Volume 1 by Kurtis J. Wiebe (ebook): ★★
- Kingdom of Ashes by Rhiannon Thomas: ★★ (*)
- Paper Girls, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan (eARC): ★ (**)
- Klaw: The First Cycle by Antoine Ozenam (eARC): ★★★ (**)
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury: ★★★ (*)
- Legend, the graphic novel by Marie Lu (reread): ★★★★
- Prodigy, the graphic novel by Marie Lu: ★★★★
No 5-star reads this month, but I really liked the Prodigy graphic novel! Was very disappointed with The Forbidden Wish and some other graphic novels 😦 Hopefully May will bring me much better books! Already can’t wait for ACOMAF by Sarah J. Maas!
(*) Will write a review soon.
(**) Review will be posted soon.
What I’ve bought/received
- Strictly Between Us by Jane Fallon
- An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Fahir
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury (Fairyloot March)
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead (Fairyloot April)
- The Distance From Me to You by Marina Gessner (received from YALFEST NL)
Are you ready for the twist? I don’t think you are haha! As a book blogger myself on Goodreads, Instagram and here on WordPress, of course I also watch Booktubers! And of course I’d love to start a channel myself one day. But it’s lots of work and I don’t think I’d be able to post every week. Anyway, I still wanted to try it out for myself…. so I did! 😀
I tried it out and showed it to Yvonne, my best friend who I’ve never seen in real life as she lives in Austria. I still don’t know how I managed to convince herto try it out too, but I’m so glad I did! I LOVED it so much and so we (or should I say ‘I’, Yvonne? 😀 ) thought it would be fun to share it with our blog-readers!
So, we both did a haul video and pretended to be booktubers. Well, I guess, I should also warn you about a few things: I know I’m saying something wrong about the Fairyloot box, but just… wait for it 😀 Also, so sorry for the bad lightning, the awful editing and my very present awkwardness! Also note that this was originally just meant for Yvonne so that’s why this video is a bit of a mess 😀
Are you still alive? Did my weirdness blind you??? 😀 I’d love to read what you think of this in the comments!! And make sure you check out Yvonne’s video here! ❤
That was it for this wrap up! Don’t want to overwhelm you guys haha. Link your own wrap up down below, I’d love to see what you read this month! ❤