Slumps are bad. Slumps that have been going on for over three months are bad. Slumps happening during the end of the year when you’re supposed to finish up your challenges are the worst ever.
Here I was, hiding in my hole of darkness during the last three months of 2015. My challenges are all ruined and I feel so ashamed. Of the six challenges I had in 2015, I managed to finish one. ONE.
- Read 80 books (was originally 100) = FAILED (I read 76…)
- Re-read all the Harry Potter books = FAILED (I read until half of the last book)
- Get my owned-books-tbr down = FAILED (who am I kidding? Did I ever think I could do this?)
- Finished the Mortal Instruments series = FAILED (I didn’t even opened the 5th book in the past year…)
- Complete the Yvonne & Melissa challenge = FAILED (I read 2 of the 9 books… sorry Yvonne! 😦 )
- Succeed 70% of my bookish challenge, where I read a book of a certain type/genre = SUCCEEDED HALLELUJAH!
Did you also just cringed while reading this? Yeah, me too. Partly I know why I have been in such a slump (I’ve been having other things on my mind) but on the other side, maybe it’s because I’m starting to let go of my ‘obsession’ with books? I don’t really know. I still love reading, and I still freak out for the little fandom things, but ugh… It isn’t the same anymore. I feel a bit “detached” from the bookish world lately. Maybe there’s more behind the slump and I just haven’t figured out exactly why yet. The thought of quitting with my blog passed through my mind several times too… I haven’t been posting regularly anymore and I hate that. Gah, it’s so messed up.
But! I think I’m slowly getting out of my slump though. I’ve been picking up books again while traveling to work and I read a bit more at home before sleeping too. I hope it will get me motivated again to start reviewing and blogging more! So I’m not yet giving up! I’m trying guys, I’m trying! 😀 So, I still set up some little challenges for me in 2016! It’s not much, but I hope it will help me to get back on the reading-wagon 😉
- Read 50 books for the Goodreads challenge (view progress)
- Listen to 5 audiobooks
- Read 5 – 10 comics/graphic novels
- Complete the Bingo Challenge by Yvonne (read more here!)
- Re-read 2 favorites
- Finish 3 to 5 series (or catch up with the last release at least)
- Read more blogs regularly
- Read 80% of my owned books
I really hope I’ll be able to succeed these challenges! They are pretty easy and right now I’m very hopeful 😀
How was your 2015 reading year? Any challenges for 2016 you set up for yourself? Lots of of love and best wishes for 2016 to you all! ❤